Buying a Weathervane - 9 Quick Tips
1. You're ready to go whichever way the wind blows - but wouldn't you like to know which way that is? Weathervanes are an easy and decorative way to determine which way the wind is blowing at any given time. And the best part is, once installed, little to no effort is required.
2. Weathervanes can provide a charming addition to the decor of your home, and come in many sizes and styles. Before buying, decide where you plan to install your weathervane - in the garden? On the roof? Make sure it's visible!
3. Rooftop weathervanes can be mounted to the top of almost any structure. Placing a weathervane on the roof ensures that it will get optimal wind flow.
4. If you aren't looking for a crown for the top of your home, a garden weathervane provides a more discrete, but equally effective way to determine wind direction. These can be installed on a post or garden fence, or on their own mount.
5. Beauty can be just as important as function. While yard bells don't determine wind direction, they do provide a musical accent to accompany the whistle of the wind. Yard bells can be mounted on any wall, doorframe, or fence and provide a decorative touch to any outdoor space.
6. No house too big, no house too small - at least when it comes to choosing a weathervane. We have a wide selection of for structures of all sizes, so it's easy to find one that's proportional to the size of your structure, whether it's a barn or a doghouse.
7. A weathervane is an extension of your home, so why not make it an extension of your interests as well? Our wide selection of themes mean you can choose a one that predicts the weather in style. Pick from a variety of themes, including animals, birds, nautical, roosters, collegiate logos, and more.
8. Different materials can coordinate with any home or structure. We have a variety of finishes, including aluminum, copper, and steel. Choose one with a complimentary finish to add an attractive touch to the look of your home.
9. If you want your weathervane to be more distinctive, choose a model with spacer balls. Spacer balls are used on some to provide a visual separation between the mount and the character at the top.